Insurance

Healing Tree Physical Therapy and Wellness currently accepts and directly bills these insurance plans:
  • Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO
  • Medicare
  • Medicare Supplements

Unfortunately, we cannot work with every possible insurance provider. Healing Tree Physical Therapy participates with insurance companies that pay for one-on-one physical therapy visits. Some insurance carriers set the level of payment below the cost of providing one-on-one physical therapy care, limiting our ability to participate in these networks.

However, seeking out-of-network care at Healing Tree Physical Therapy may still be to your advantage. For example, some insurance carriers require pre-authorization and limit physical therapy to 5-8 visits for in-network care, but do not impose the same requirements or limits for out-of-network care. One-on-one physical therapy care can also be more convenient and efficient than care in facilities that overlap patient visits or utilize support personnel in patient care. We can work with you even without accepted insurance, by doing everything we can to make your treatment affordable, including special rates for self-paying clients.

We invite you to call us at (847) 512-4070 or contact us here for details about how your treatment would be billed, and how we may be able to work with you to manage any gaps in coverage.

I have insurance. How does the billing work?
If you belong to one of our contracted insurance companies, we will verify your benefits with your insurance company, as a courtesy to you. After we verify your benefits, your insurance will provide us with a quote of your coverage and financial responsibility. Depending on your insurance policy, your benefits may include a co-pay, co-insurance or deductible. All co-pays are due at time of service.

Our billing service is available to go over your benefits with you in detail. It is encouraged that you also contact your insurance so you are aware of your policy's benefits, as some policies have limited coverage for physical therapy.

After each visit, charges will be submitted to our billing service so that a claim can be filed with your insurance company. After we receive payment on your claim from your insurance company, a monthly statement will be mailed to your address on file. Only accounts that have an outstanding balance will receive a monthly statement. Any questions you may have regarding your account, please contact Lisa at our billing service at (815) 668-3603.

What if I do not have insurance or have an insurance carrier you are not contracted with?
We offer a self-pay option. If you have an insurance that we are not contracted with, we will give you a detailed receipt for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Please contact our office for detailed information. We invite you to call us at (847) 512-4070 or contact us here for details about how your treatment would be billed, and how we may be able to work with you to manage any gaps in coverage.

I have Medicare and supplemental insurance, how does coverage work?
If you have Medicare Part B, a claim will be submitted to Medicare for services rendered. If you have a Medicare supplement Insurance plan, Medicare sends the remaining co-insurance (20%) automatically for processing. If you have a secondary insurance, Medicare in most cases will forward the remaining co-insurance to your secondary insurance for processing, as well. There are some secondary insurances that Medicare does not automatically forward the co-insurance to, in that case, we will submit a paper claim on your behalf.

As with any Medicare payment, beneficiaries are responsible for the coinsurance (20%) and any deductible that may apply. Medicare will pay the remaining 80% of the limit after the deductible has been met.

There is currently an annual dollar amount cap on physical therapy services for Medicare. Please contact us regarding how this may affect payment for your therapy.