Welcome New Patients
Healing Tree Physical Therapy and Wellness is devoted to offering each client an enriching, renewing experience as we partner with you to restore function and mobility across the lifespan. Through personal attention, expert care, and the patience to trace your pain to its source, we offer a healing environment like no other you will find. Your therapist will combine manual therapy, exercise, and education to restore optimal movement, health, and well being.
You DO have a choice of physical therapy options
It’s important to remember that, while Illinois law requires that you obtain a doctor’s referral before beginning any physical therapy treatment, you still have the power to choose your physical therapist.
We are an independent physical therapy practice, with our only obligation to you, the patient. Our recommendations are based on professional opinion and free of outside influence.
When you receive a referral for physical therapy from your physician, it does not mean you have to go to the physical therapist in his/her practice. Just like having a prescription filled at your pharmacy of your choice, you may present your physician’s referral to any physical therapy practice.
You are always within your rights to request a referral to Healing Tree, or to any eligible physical therapy facility you choose. If you aren’t satisfied with your doctor’s current referral, you should request a new one. It’s your right, and you owe it to yourself to experience the best available treatment. Our office will be happy to assist you in getting a referral so that you can start healing.
Once you have your doctor’s referral, you may have questions about what’s involved in working with Healing Tree. We will walk you through some of the basics regarding appointments, insurance the forms you’ll need to complete, and a brief selection of answers to common questions.
To deliver on our promise, we maintain the following general policies:
- Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. Saturdays and earlier/later appointments can be made by request.
- Phone calls are answered in person when possible and messages are promptly returned.
- Our scheduling is designed to let you being healing within days of your call, not weeks or months.
- Sessions are generally 60 minutes in length, one-on-one, with a licensed physical therapist, not an aide.
- Private rooms are available for your treatment, if you choose.
- You will always be treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
- You will always work with the same therapist unless your schedule requires a change or another set of eyes/hands may be beneficial for your recovery.